13.5.12

DIY bleach pen tank

this pink tank top had been sitting in my closet for weeks starring at me to do something with it. a while back I saw shirt that someone had used bleach to draw on it with. so today, that's what I did, and what I will show you guys how to do...


a. find a solid color tank or shirt. i found mine at forever 21 for around 3 bucks!


b. place newspaper in between the front and back of the shirt, so that the bleach doesn't bleed through. this also provides a flat surface to right on, which comes in handy!


c. you can find a bleach pen almost anywhere, mine is by Clorox. if you do not want to go out and buy a bleach pen, use regular bleach that is in the bottle, and use a paintbrush to apply it.



d. begin to write/ draw whatever you want on your top with a steady hand. if you choose to do a design, i recommend that it be very easy, and not elaborate because it tends to be difficult to do without making the top look messy. i choose the words, "let it be". right after you write it, it will appear white- clear. then let air dry(or if you are impatient like me, use a hairdryer). if you chose a darker fabric you may want to go over your words or design again, to whiten it up!


tada! and your done! show off your new addition to your closet asap!


your words or design may seem a little crusty, or spread out after it fully dried, but just stick it in the washer and then let air dry again.

i will be showing a 'how i wear it" soon with my diy bleach pen tank! so excited to wear this top this summer, hope you are too!
xo. cate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always eager to hear from my readers-- so, drink some tea & comment away!